Location Reconnaissance








Location Reconnaissance

When first visiting Halls bookshop in Tonbridge Wells I looked at the lighting inside. This was a main priority as I needed to decide how many dedo lights to use on the shoot. There is sufficient natural daylight providing that I film during the day, so only a few dedo lights will need to be used, if any at all. There is a large window at the front of the shot which is a good source of natural light, and there are artificial light sources around the property, however with the font window being so prominent will hopefully give a lot of light. I will try to use as much natural light as possible as I wish it to be mood lighting. This will be extremely helpful when filming as light will not be a significant problem.

The next thing that I needed to check was the buzz track. To create the effect of realism that I want I think that the buzz track will prove very important. In the shop there are general noises in the shop; customers walking around, flicking through book and talking to the staff. I think that this will create the sort of ambiance that I wish to portray in the documentary. The buzz track will feature throughout the interview, this way I think it will create an effect on the audience and make them feel as if they are experiencing life inside the shop.

Also after scoping the location I found that there were two 250 volt plugs behind the shop desk for a source of power for electrical equipment. I was also able to look at good places to take shots of this idyllic location. I decided that I would film the subject in a small office filled with books.

By visiting the shop I was also able to talk to the owner which has allowed me to develop questions to ask in the interview that are relevant. It also allowed me to get some primary information about the shop and its history.

I have also located the nearest hospital, fire station and police station, in case of an emergency whilst filming.

•Tunbridge Wells Police Station- Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LU

•Kent Fire Brigade- London Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 0BB

•Kent & Sussex Hospital- Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 8AT, Tel: 01892 526111

No comments:

Post a Comment