Royalty Free Music

To comply with the brief I had to find royalty free music to use. This was so as to avoid any copyright issues or having to ask for copyright permission from the artists. After scouring the internet I found that there are many websites that upload music purely for film, and many unsigned bands allow there music to go online without copyright. Because of the nature of the documentary I felt that something purely instrumental would be ideal, and set the picturesque scene that I wanted for the film. I found the website www.incompetech.com which holds a lot of royalty free music. After listening to some of the tracks that they had to offer I found the song ‘Somewhere Sunny. Version 2’ by Kevin MacLeod. It is a piece of music on acoustic guitar. I felt that the song complemented my documentary idea well as it is slow and peaceful yet quite uplifting. After much consideration I have decided that I will use the music throughout the documentary, as I think it will create greater interest in what is being shown. This is not the usual practice in documentaries; the music usually fades when the interviewee begins to talk. However I think that by altering the sound levels the music will become a background noise with the subject’s voice over the top. I believe it will also help the documentary flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment