Newspaper Advertisement- What I did.


I used the programme Photoshop cs4 again in the making of my newspaper advertisement. I decided after looking at other newspaper advertisements that I would use a whole picture of my subject as the background. I used a picture that was also used in my double-page spread as if this were an advertising campaign there would be themes and similarities between printed products, to reinforce them in the readers mind. I used the picture as my first layer. It was an ideal photo to use, as the subject was placed on the left of the photo, allowing plenty of room for writing on the left hand side. I then decided to place text over the top. For the title, I used the same font as on my magazine, Lucinda Calligraphy, to show continuity through my advertising campaigns. I decided against using a variety of colours in this piece, as I felt it may be too overwhelming for such a small space. This is true of many other newspaper advertisements; they tend to stick to simple colours. First of all I used only white for the text, however I realised that this was not bold enough, and would not capture the public eye. I then started toying with the layer style of the text. I decided to use the stroke option, which meant that the text had a kind of border around it. I decided on black, to keep with the simple theme. I now had a black and white title. I also used the shadowing option, as I felt that a shadow behind the text made it stand out more. I then added another text box for programme information. I used the same colour theme of black and white, using the stroke option. I placed the colours the opposite way around; leaving me with black text outlined by white. I did not use a shadow on this text. I kept the amount of information to a minimum so as not to over power the audience, and to leave some mystery behind what the programme was actually about. I decided on a sub-title merely saying ‘A look into the life of one woman and her love of books’ and then the programme information. I decided that this would be a sufficient amount of information and was happy with the outcome of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment