The quote at the beginning of my film

In the editing process I decided to use a quote at the beginning of my documentary. I came to this decision as I feel it introduces the documentary and its theme well. I found the quote on a framed board behind the counter in the bookshop. Because of this, it also relates well to the documentary. The quote reads ‘On the Buying of Books by a Bookworm. If he passes a booksellers shop he may choose not to stop, if it is a second-hand shop, which is at all times more interesting than a shop of new books, his feet without any violation and of their own accord draw him within it. – T.N. Foulis.’ I felt that this quote emphasises the character of second-hand bookshops, and of Hall’s bookshop itself. I used white writing on a black screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment